Bok's Blog

Life is a journey . . .

Saturday, March 12, 2005

Black Beauty


Lady Slipper

This cousin of the lady slipper reminded me of Black Orchid,a movie which starred Alain Delon, a teenage heart throb in the Philippines when I was in grade school. Do not ask me about the plot - not a clue now. Sometime, I'll probably suggest to Ed that we drive 40 miles north of Grand Rapids. We can visit the greenhouse where this beauty came from and chat again with the owner. Meantime, we are so preoccupied with watching our future home come up - one frame at a time.



Sunroom

The builder is starting to build the sunroom. The cement posts were casted two weeks ago and the main beam was nailed yesterday (see black film). The rest of the materials were in the "family room." They also started wrapping the sides with a waterproof liner.

Yesterday, Ed and I ate our Chicken Coop lunch near the building site and watch the garage being filled with soil. Crazy, but we returned around 5 to take more pictures (my three year old digital camera is always in my purse now, batteries always charged). Unfortunately, there was no ladder this time so Ed did not get to see the bedroom frames. I ended up taking pictures from the future staircase.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leah said...

That orchid really is a beauty! The house looks to be coming along nicely. I can't wait to see it!

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home