Exit 1 Going East, Exit 4B Going West

Ed and I decided to go to Michigan City last weekend. Tradition dictated burgers at Redamak's. The burgers are still very good but we passed the curly fries for veggies (deep-fried though).
The outlet has changed some - Bose, Hanna Anderson, Le Creuset, etc. were added to my favorites. Sassafras and Dansk have closed though. As usual, I cannot resist some of the deals and came home with a couple of trays, a bike bag, and other "must haves."

We found and bought some maple and birch trees at Big Lots for $7 each. We got a shovel and Ed planted the trees in one corner of our backyard. I started gathering rocks and piling them near the deck stair - in preparation for our water garden. It was great to feel the sun in our face and get our hands dirty again. We are really looking forward to moving.

Speaking of our house, the walls have been painted and the floors were free of debris. The builders were plastering the walls and there were buckets, papers, ladders, hoses everywhere. The cabinets will be installed next week - I'll miss this since we will go to Portland this Friday to take care of Nathan for a couple of weeks. The house looks great- very light and airy. My plants will bask on the sunshine.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home