The Iron Chef ... Not
"How did we prepare the fish?" - our very good friend, Fred, asked.
We thinly sliced one salmon and poured very hot olive oil with ginger, garlic and scallions on top. This was very, very good - a slightly cooked sashimi version.
Well, I was very ambitious and decided to make "lomi-lomi" - a Hawaiian delicacy made from salted salmon, tomatoes, and onion. I covered two salmon fillet with rock salt and harvested heirloom tomatoes and shallots. We were very excited the following day but was very disappointed. The salmon was very salty. I still have the other fillet that we can prepare when our friends visit us. I may have to soak it in water to get rid of the salt. We also have a lot of salmon steaks which will be great for the grill and for a bouillabaisse. We will hold the salt for these ones.
We thinly sliced one salmon and poured very hot olive oil with ginger, garlic and scallions on top. This was very, very good - a slightly cooked sashimi version.
Well, I was very ambitious and decided to make "lomi-lomi" - a Hawaiian delicacy made from salted salmon, tomatoes, and onion. I covered two salmon fillet with rock salt and harvested heirloom tomatoes and shallots. We were very excited the following day but was very disappointed. The salmon was very salty. I still have the other fillet that we can prepare when our friends visit us. I may have to soak it in water to get rid of the salt. We also have a lot of salmon steaks which will be great for the grill and for a bouillabaisse. We will hold the salt for these ones.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home