Bok's Blog

Life is a journey . . .

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Running at Full Throttle


Yes, 24-7. Ed and I have been very busy the last three weeks and I did not have any mental energy for blogging. My work did not help either - traveling and preparing for the upper management presentation we had yesterday afternoon. We know our friends were wondering why the long silence. However, Kathleen, we are not in Portland. It's Bill and Marcia that Raquel was referring to. By the way, Bill's and Fred's Boy Scout trailer has been very useful in hauling soil, bricks, and rocks (we also used it to transport a grill from Menards).



Ed has planted all the trees - he found some part of the yard very difficult to dig. He also placed drains from the gutters and laid out the weed barrier fabrics. We got the front yard landscape halfway done. We need to get more rocks and get the water pump in the jug going. This is supposed to be part of my Zen garden. We opted to use pea pebbles instead of sand - just in case the cats in the neighborhood start visiting us. Speaking of cats, I still miss Pyris. However, one of my coworker will be giving us a two kittens from the same litter. Their name? Bengal and Cypress, names of rice that I have worked with.



Our yard was hydroseeded last Friday. We had a strong thunderstorm Saturday morning and some of the seeds were washed away - it was guaranteed though so BCLS will come back in a couple of weeks to reseed the lawn.

Downstairs, it is starting to look like a house. My African violets have found a perfect location. Some of my orchids are also starting to bloom. Last weekend, we got some blinds from Pier 1 where Kate used to work. They look perfect in the sunroom.




We finished opening the boxes in the dining room last Friday - Ed gave up and I stayed until 3 am (I did take a nap). Tonight, our goal is to finish opening the boxes in the bathroom upstairs and start opening the ones in the bedroom. We still have to tackle the boxes in the garage and basement (this will be our winter project).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home