Hockey...Eh?
I liked London from the first time I visited the city in the late 80's. It is still lovely. Ed and I have been in London since Friday evening and this weekend happened to be "Black Ice Hockey" weekend. The streets along Victoria Park were blocked and the local team elimination round was going on. Canada's national hockey team were supposed to play this afternoon. We will miss it - I have to work tonight.

We visited the Covent Garden Market yesterday. They had the Farmer's Market outside and lots of food and crafts inside. We got our lunch and dinner from the market. See the bag - we got meat samoza, salmon en croutte, salad, croquettes, and chicken rolls for less than $15 Canadian. They were very good.

Today, we went to St. Paul's Cathedral for mass. The cathedral was also designated as a basilica in the 60's. It was beautiful inside, very elegant. They also had the traditional incense during the mass - incense always reminded me of going to church with my mother.
I had a kick when I saw this restaurant yesterday. While at the cathedral today, Ed showed me an ad in the church bulletin - "Thou shalt only eat and drink at the Honest Lawyer." We went back so I could take the picture.

1 Comments:
Cool! Street hockey! I've never been to London (Canada or England) but looks like fun!
Post a Comment
<< Home